1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
- cataztrophe likes this
- positively-healthyy reblogged this from workminekickyours
- gorunwin likes this
- finaltrial reblogged this from veganfitspo
- finaltrial likes this
- healthyhappyhabit reblogged this from summerskinny25
- choose-to-be-beautiful reblogged this from curvyboy
- constantinspiration reblogged this from loseitorbust
- runningtreadmillsandrealhills reblogged this from healthy---lovee
- waterlovingvancat likes this
- lovehatereality reblogged this from backonpointe
- aubreyarmenta reblogged this from becausewecandoit
- healthierismuchhappier reblogged this from fitnessgyro
- supersizetosuperhero reblogged this from losing55thehealthyway
- fitnessforeternity likes this
- mdstaylor reblogged this from 89dave
- veganfitspo reblogged this from renaboobear
- mailorderfriedchicken reblogged this from wemakeourownfutures
- wemakeourownfutures reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- fatgirltoslimfunksoulsista reblogged this from unrepentantthinner
- amandajazmyn likes this
- fitlooksgood reblogged this from greenapplesandfitness
- tit-sprinkles likes this
- summerbeforethemerde reblogged this from squats-and-oats
- fitvida reblogged this from fitnesskid
- unrepentantthinner reblogged this from every-damn-day-girl
- llamasandsparkles likes this
- every-day-anevv reblogged this from love--lindsay
- every-damn-day-girl reblogged this from asomedaystunner
- asomedaystunner likes this
- asomedaystunner reblogged this from flabto-fit
- patriotofnew reblogged this from iknowicansoiwill
- its-just-lexi likes this
- can-u-not likes this
- life-through-lenses reblogged this from projectwaistline
- life-through-lenses likes this
- iamme1398 reblogged this from littlefitnessdiary
- jadoreaucinema likes this
- une-nouvelle-femme reblogged this from hardbody-kelsey
- thefuneralformyfat reblogged this from omgfitspo
- operationtdabb reblogged this from butidontlikeveggies
- teranoviia likes this
- abundanceofhealth reblogged this from changetothin
- ihaveanarmyofimpalas likes this
- fucktheworldskinnygirl reblogged this from letswelcomethenewme
- fucktheworldskinnygirl likes this
- butidontlikeveggies reblogged this from kyarragetsfit
- kickinasswithclass reblogged this from fitness-and-diet
- alchemechanist likes this